Axiom had incredible support through the planning process. The Department for Communities and Local Government confirmed Axiom was one of the most supported planning applications they had ever considered.
Axiom will deliver over £39 million of private sector investment into local facilities and infastructure including:
- a Community Stadium for Castleford Tigers Rugby League Club
- a new 40-acre country park
- a much needed re-modelling of Junction 32 of the M62
- local road safety and network improvements
- substantial public transport improvements, including new bus routes
- the establishment of an Economic Development and Growth Fund for the benefit of local town centres
Axiom will deliver in excess of 2,000 new FTE on-site jobs with around 1,100 FTE construction jobs over the three-year build period. These jobs will be delivered to local people, with specialist training academies and programmes to be established throughout the development phase.